Friday, December 30, 2011

#1 2010 It Begins!

I went to court in July 2010 and signed the paperwork to agree to the end of a 10 year marriage that I was no longer a part of for at least 5 years. My Ex had decided to finally put in for the divorce after realizing that I wasn't taking him back. It just happen to take 5 years for him to come to the conclusion that's all. I had no hard feelings and in the 5 years that it took for him to figure it out, we had become friends again. No not friends with benefits just friends.

In August my mother announced to the family that she was no longer in remission and her cancer had returned. The stem cell transplant that had promised 7 years of remission from bone cancer had only lasted 1 year. With that news, I without hesitation decided it was time for a move. With me living in California and my mother residing in Virginia with her husband, the miles needed adjusting. So I did a Beverely Hill Billies in reverse - I said, "I'm moving from California so I packed up my bags and I moved to Tennessee!"

My children, my daughter 25 and my son 21, understood why I was moving but decided to continue to reside in California. This would be our first true separation. We had had small close calls but this was me leaving the home front not them. It took me 2 weeks to pack whatever could fit into my van. If it didn't fit in the van it was a lost cause, except for a small couple of boxes that I would make arrangements for down the road. To see your life dwindled down to a van's worth is quite humbling. I know people have had to do less than that, sometimes not by choice, but I was basically a pack rat. It was therapeutic to say the least.

Now it was off 2000 plus miles to an adventure like none other. I was ready to take off into the sunset, yes literally to begin a new life. One without a husband, who was in name only by this time. One without children, who had been with me for a quarter of a century. And one without a job.

To Be Continued...

Tasted great even without the "Y"

(Photo by JaMax)

4 comments:

  1. You are a strong woman and I can feel your inner strengthen to carry you through this big change and adjustment in your life. My prayers are with you and one thing you need to remember and stay strong to...Don't ever look back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your prayers and kind words of encouragement!

      Delete
  2. We can never guess what surprises life will spring on us. Sometimes it is best to leave the past behind and move towards a more promising future. All the best. Just become a follower. I'm at: www.vhayles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment and the follow. This journey has unexpectedly put people back in my life. I have often wondered for what purpose or lesson. Only time will tell.

      Delete