Friday, March 23, 2012

#13 Dreaming of Love

Well, it had been 5 months and I was starting to learn how to be at one with one, me. At the time, my mom was recovering from surgery in rehab. She was finally alert too, so I went back to Tennessee to recover my own self. Since I was limited on money I had to find ways to be my own, cheap date. Then it occurred to me, Red Box! For the first time since my move I decided to rent a movie. A dollar wasn't too much to spend for 2 hours of entertainment. As I continued to be my own best friend, I started doing things like, going on artist's dates. Something that was an activity out of a book I had purchased many years ago, The Artist's Way. Since then, I've always tried to use it at various times of my life to make progress in the areas of art and life.

Back in 1993, I had a dream that changed my life up to this date. I dreamt about artwork that I had made in the dream and when I woke up I tried to recreate the art that I had seen. (See "The First Piece" http://clothsculptures.blogspot.com/2011/02/first-piece.html ) Painting, music, dance, photography, theater, and writing had all been important to me while growing up. All one had to do was look at my old high school year books and the evidence was there. Sports was also important to me. My father who was a P.E. professor at a state college while I was growing up was also a college football coach. But because of my parent's divorce, I grew up in Upstate New York while he was in California. I had always joked with my mother that if I had been a boy I would have played football. So I did the next best thing, I participated in sports, period. Over my high school years I played volleyball and track, plus I threw in a little choreography for the gymnastics team and even became a basketball cheerleader one year. I may have even been the first black cheerleader at my school, but don't quote me on that. But I digress, back to the events of 2011. Because of my love of art, part of my new environment needed to reflect that especially since I was still creating cloth sculptures. So, I turned one of the rooms into a den/studio.

It was on March 30, 2011 that I had 2 dreams that made a ripple in my world again. The first one was about an embrace while watching TV. The person was hugging me from behind as we lay stretched out on a couch. There was a closeness, a warmth, a comfort enveloping me. It had the same feeling I get when I've entered into high praise and worship, the very glow of God surrounding me. What a powerful feeling! I still have it as if it were a memory, my mind not recognizing it as a dream but as a waking memory to be recalled upon and relived. I woke up reflecting on the dream and not much later, I fell back to sleep and had a second dream with the same person who had hugged me in the first dream. In the second dream, the person was in pain and I helped him. But I remember very clearly that I had to ask him if I could enter the room where he was at in order to help. When I awoke from the second dream. Three things were important here, #1 I had never awakened from a dream and had the same person in the next dream, #2 the experiences in the dreams were as if they were real not like regular dreams vague and sketchy, and #3 I knew the person in my dreams. It was someone I had not spoken to or seen in over 10 years.

The other thing about this person was, it was someone that I had never dated before. I had never so much as had more than a side church-like hug from this person. I had first met him about 30 years ago and saw him from time to time out in the community. My thoughts were, why would someone I knew only slightly and had never meditated on, be in a dream of mine in such a personal way? And why would he be in two dreams in one night? I found a way to contact him since my normal practice was to contact people when they randomly appeared in my dreams. I also always wanted to check on their physically and spiritually well-being. Thankfully he was doing well. He had however, experienced a major surgery within the last 3 months but he was doing well. But he couldn't get over why all of a sudden out of the blue I had sought him out. Prior we had never spoken over the phone before. Up till then all there was, were 5 minute updates on how we were doing since the last we had run into each other in a parking lot or hallway. And he kept on being persistent, pressing the issue of why all of a sudden did I contact him? But I was embarrassed. I didn't want to tell him, "Hey, you were in my dream and we were in love!"

To Be Continued...


2 as 1 - Unique Cloth Sculpture by JaMax


The Sun, The Son - Unique Cloth Sculpture by JaMax  


No comments:

Post a Comment